Thursday, January 24, 2008

what's your motivation?

Motivation
Today I feel cooped up.
My application for home renos came in yesterday.
There's my motivation for today.
today I will run around, pricing things out for a kitchen. A kitchen with counterspace and more cupboards. ooohh and a dishwasher.
Everytime I think of dishwashers I envision the heavens opening and shafts of light breaking through, angel choruses singing the praises of a much desired dishwasher.
For three years I have functioned in a 10 x 10 kitchen with pink walls of Pepto bismol and 70's style tile....and no dishwasher...so sad.
Today I dream of it's face lift, as I price out cupboards and sliding pantries, recycle bin storgae and who knows what else. I figure, I kea is a good start....I can sit in their ready made kitchens and pretend it's me that lives there and someday I will live in my ready made kitchen and then I will sell it to someone who needs it more than me.
No money will leave my hands today thanks to a starbucks gift card...I will go with coffe and tape measure in hand, dimensions of my kitchen and motivation to see it come to pass.
At home other passions await. but they will wait for me. Once my quotes are done and my application is in...I will have 3 weeks to dedicate to a painting that sits on my easel eager to be set up in someone's living room.
My motivation.... the farm...my future....
My future husband...
...who wants me out there so bad.
Me first.
Thats what he told me.
He'll help me get my house done first and then I can help with his.
Oh my head is filled with visions of door knobs, and closet organizers, wood floors and pretty baseboards that frame the finished work.
I have two paint jobs coming. cash in hand.. next couple of weeks I see it
get up....move, do whatever it takes to get you motivated.
When it speaks to you
acknowledge it.
move into it.
Ride it, let it push you.
Anticipate where it will bring you.
You will reach the summit.
You will soar to new heights.
You will look back and say..."I remember being there"...and you'll look forward and say..."But now I'm here!."
That is where you will want to be and it will then motivate you to go higher.
to push through.
to excell.
And you will look deep within yourself....
...and smile.
Contented.