Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Wedding Blues

My husband and I decided to elope.
We didn't want all the fuss of people telling us who to invite and where to host and all the crap that goes on with planning a wedding!
Well...turns out their all pissed anyway...
One portion of people have decided that we've screwed up somehow by not involving them in our lives.
Some are quite offended, few could care less..
We decided to marry for us...not for the enjoyment of the world.
But of the handful that we thought would be happy for us...
the party numbers had dwindled considerably.
We know that if we were to host something regardless, the party poopers would show up out of obligation and still be party poopers....
and if we decided to cut them from the list the fuss would just get worse.
So, alas,
I will not celebrate my wedding with you.
As much as I wanted everyone to meet everyone,
it is in your best interest not to.
Thanks for all your congratulations and for those who sent us the abundance of money gifts..
we love you and adore you and are glad you were able to celebrate with us in this manner!!!
It's not what I wanted but it will have to do.
We were hoping to introduce my world to his...
but instead,
my friends wil be mine
and his will belong to him.
I am greatful for the ones that still tag along in my life,
who are full
of discretion,
character,
integrity,
boldness,
love,
spirit,
honesty,
and faith,
with you, I celebrate in my heart.