Thursday, April 30, 2009

Smells Like Snow


Often I have stared in wonder,

at the beauty of a blanket of snow over the distant farmland.

Hoar frost on the trees bring new life to the dead, brown colored season

...like dressing for a wedding...

where everyone wears white in celebration.


Today is April 30th,

A day where we would celebrate the birthdays of Uncle Bobby and Grandma Allison.


Most of my world has been anticipating Spring...

but the weather peeks in with a warm day once in a while tempting us with the warm desires of summer,

and wearing almost less than a layer of clothing..



but alas...


We suffer the pain of more snow,

of grueling winds of the Alberta Foothills.

And another blanket to be worn upon the earth for just a bit longer.


I think that is what I will do this weekend...

Cover up and stay warm with my new Hudson's Bay Blanket.


I will watch the snow fall and dream of a wedding...

My wedding.