Monday, April 13, 2009

preparations




Preparations are a big thing sometimes. I am in the midst of planning a wedding, planning the landscaping of my yard. and planning our financial future....


I'm also planning how to best effectively lose weight before the wedding, how to even out the farmer's tan on my arms and what to do with my hair come wedding day....


Planning my next trip to England has been especially hard for me....especially after losing my dad.... I wish he were still here, but he had to go...had stuff to do....he always hated waiting for the rest of us...no matter what.


But I need to go to England...to see King George......My long distance dad. I never knew how much he meant to me until 5 years ago when Mum Rowe told me how much I meant to Him..and then revealing a cupboard filled with treasures he stockpiled for me consisting of lemon squash, chocolate penguins and a tiny jar of peanut butter, andtelling me "Peter absolutely adores you Cheryle".
I miss them both like crazy. I feel so fortunate to have been able to visit them as many times as I have.

Right now flights return are only $972 with everything included.


I hope to Bring my Timmy and Bree.....so everyone can finally meet. I miss being there so much, in ST. Ives....My home away from home.


I was sifting through my many years worth of photos thinking I need to scrapbook it all soon. I have saved, ticket stubs and pamphlets, rail passes and other tokens of my memories there....

How fun would it be to compile it all in a book for years down the road when both King George and Mum Rowe have passed on.


I will visit them within the next year....I will promise myself that much!!! Hopefully in the spring or early summer .....when the weather is still very beautiful along the coast.
King George will pick me up at the train and I will most likely, get into the car on the wrong side again.
...and yet again, once more, I will sit on the shore cliffs of Porthminster Beach and look for Canada's Eastern Shore.


"I'm almost there, King George! Watch for me!! I'm just across the water!!!"