Monday, March 30, 2009

basement renos











Oh...
there is so much to fix up here because the previous owner decided he was going to be not so fabulous with his reno efforts.

So Tim & I are left to our own devices to try and fix the mess. .....

For the most part, so far.......we have decided to paint. This will hide a majority of the flaws but for now...it makes the room more warm and welcoming.

We'll have to re-adjust a few door frames so that we can put proper trim on everything...
The two back bedrooms will be torn apart to re-insulate and to re-drywall.

Bree is looking forward to moving down there.....and I am looking forward to decorating a guest bedroom.

I have recently fallen in love with the Cabella's catalogue....there home edition is nice because it is full of cabin decor.

I am hoping to go with a Canadian log cabin feel.

With panelling running sideways on the wall to give it that whitewashed cabin look.

I have had my eye on a red wool blanket at Hudson's bay in Banff, and I want to make a head board out of Red patterened Tiolle and birch trees towering over the head of the bed....I saw it all in a Canadian House & Home magazine and It looked so dreamy.... I've enclosed a photo of it above. We've decided to do the basement first...so we'll have a completed livable space when we decide to renovate the upper floor.

anyway have a look see at the photos. the basement and the red bedroom.
Mind the bear. He's a little off kilter and needs some re-adjustment....Tim has a deer mount still at the taxidermist...hopefully it will return home soon. And cabellas sells a nice beaver pelt stretched out on a frame....