Friday, June 5, 2009

picasso brain

My day sometimes feels like like I have too much going on and I cannot compute.
Like picasso brain, placing things here and there
....where things do not belong.
I frustrate myself with the ability of trying to figure out where I put something,
mid-transit, while disturbed by something else out of place.
My schedule has been bombarded with appointments.
The only order in my life as of late....
Not sure how this happened after the last 10 years of order that I demanded from myself.
The abrupt changes of being mom and wife, full time, have ultimately put me in a tail spin.
Culture shock!
Like being in a japanese airport and I cannot read the signs.
I stand in my kitchen staring...
at nothing,
trying to retrace my steps,
wishing there were an attendant to help me at times.
I go for the coffee that's been beeping at me for the last hour,
since reheating it in the microwave.
I give it another 30 seconds in the "ZAP".
I'll probably collect it in another 30 minutes.
Tomorrow is saturday.
No appointments...
...Just rain and snow...(In June?)
and laundry and cleaning, and sorting out my closet.
Bringing order until monday when it all begins again, and like Picasso, paint a new picture of home life,
Still Life,
My life....
And what will come of next week.
I had best check my schedule.