Sunday, August 16, 2009

Read The Disclaimer...I Said I Would Bark & Bite!

I

As of late,

I have come to appreciate a small group of friends....

and , Yes, literally, they and I have moved a lot of bodies...

Off their hospital beds, out of wheelchairs, off of gurneys going to and from the morgue.


A lot of my world has proven themselves fake. They say hi on facebook, or try to come visit but they don't,

They say they'll call but never will...

But I have come to expect it. it is their nature.


My husband wanted me to hopefully become best of friends with some of the women out in this neck of the woods...

but they all prefer home,

and to not chat on the phone,

or not go out for a coffee or ladies play dates..

they often admit to me, forthright,

that they are hermits and never go out.


Some of them make arrangements and then don't even show.

Their character and integrity have no standing with me.

It's hard to visit someone with 2 faces.

"yes, I'll see you at school when I go to volunteer!"

:Oh sure, that sounds good, Ill meet you in town at the coffee shop."


No cancellation,,,,

No Discretion,

No respect.

No effort to show face.

It goes both ways I'm afraid. I tried to invest in you, the gas, the time out of schedule, willing to create something new...

But I have already put you in the recycle pile...

useless but still worthy of being used some other way....but not by me...


That's too bad....

Id rather invest in those

who move their own bodies...

than hang out with a bunch of dead bodies.

Who endeavor to become more than they are.


Thanks Sarah, Kim, T, Ally, Cara, Jenny,Lisa, Tamie, Tanya.

you are the nine other fingers I needed to complete the two hands needed to shift the dead bodies aside....

I love you, adore you, and respect your solidarity,

How you never change.... and always make time for "the Girls",

despite, family, schedules, and everyday chaos!