Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wishbones

As of late I seem to be in a bit of a tug of war.

Nothing major...

about as minor as two children pulling at a wish bone after thanksgiving dinner.


I am torn between two loves.

They call to me every day and at the same time.


I relish the time when my husband and

daughter are away.


then I have time to spend in the throes of the others....


The love of reading...

and the love of writing....

They call to me endlessly.

And their screams for my attention,

appear, in my mind,

to reach decibels that are unbearable...

seemingly, as soon as my family comes in the door,

or when supper needs to be prepared.
My library calls to me,
the echoes repeating the portions that resonate deep within me.
Today, I have chosen a date with writing.
Something I have not done nearly enough.
Today I write. I have the right to write.
My writing has won the wishbone pull. The tug of war with reading.
I will write and you can read.
Enjoy!
And remember to take time
to date
your other
"True Loves".