Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Am I Forgetting Something?




Today I am surrounded by wedding stuff....flowers and hair combs, craft wire...attempting to make something pretty for my hair.


And I think of my friend who is no longer with me.


She would've stood beside me wide eyed and so excited.....


but instead she will not even hear of the day....




My dad is gone too...


He won't walk me down the aisle...


Instead Tim and I will walk together...having done this before..yet knowing this time..it is for the right reasons...


The people who matter will be present....the ones, too distant, cannot....


the people who have overlooked us will not.




I can smell the antique Roses, the Verbilium, the Astroemeria....I look forward to putting them in my hair.




My dress needs to be taken in about an inch or so...




I'll need to buy an umbrella.....for good luck.

Don't forget the rings...

and the vows....and Tim's Cowboy Hat.




I wish you could be there......but you've made other arrangements that cannot be turned around.




Soon I will become Mrs. Newsome.....and you will have missed it.


But I will remember...

remember back to when you would have been there...and what a great time it would have been.

I wish I could bring it all back....


but instead I will settle for just missing something......forgetting something.....and moving on...


Happily Ever After.