Thursday, May 14, 2009

Past in the Present






My supplies for scrapbooking arrived in the mail yesterday.


An array of books meant for mothers.


And sisters.


Well...I only have one sister.


But I will send one to my Mother and my Mother-in-law, my British mother, and my sister, Leslie.



I am hoping to antique them...to make them like a love story.


Turn emails into hand written letters that have faded over time tucked into their torn envelopes and tied with ribbon.


I cannot wait for the pictures to be taken and then to arrive.


To be pasted and then wrapped...


and then to see the looks upon their faces when they're opened...


a gift of the present made to look like the past.


I cannot wait for them to look and remember and wish they had been there so long ago...yet so soon.